1. American Cancer Society, 2015
2. Saving Women's Lives: Strategies for Improving Breast Cancer Detection and Diagnosis. National Cancer Center Policy Board. 2005.
3. King TA, et al. Long-term results of wide-field brachytherapy as the sole method of radiation therapy after segmental mastectomy for Tis, 1,2, breast cancer. Am J Surg. 2000; 180:299-304.
4. Hologic, Data on file
5. Keisch M, Vicini F, Kuske R, et al. Initial clinical experience with the MammoSite breast brachytherapy applicator in early-stage breast cancer treated with breast conserving therapy. Intl J of Rad Onc*Bio*Phys, Vol 55, Num 2, 1 Feb 2003, 289-293
6. Benitez PR, Keisch ME, Vicini F, Stolier A, Scroggins T, Walker A, et al. Five-year results: the initial clinical trial of MammoSite balloon brachytherapy for partial breast irradiation in early-stage breast cancer. Am J Surg 2007;194:456-62
7. Fisher B, et al. Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancer. NEJM. 2002; 347:1233-1241.
8. Veronesi U, et al. Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized study comparing breast-conserving surgery with radical mastectomy for early breast cancer. NEJM. 2002; 347:1227-1232
9. M.Keisch, et al. Breast Brachytherapy Task Group, American Brachytherapy Society. February, 2007.http://www.Americanbrachytherapy.org
10. Consensus statement for accelerated partial breast irradiation. The American Society of Breast Surgeons. December 8, 2005.
11. American College of Radiation Oncology Statement on Partial Breast Irradiation. September, 2008.
12. American Society Radiation and Oncology Consensus Statement on Partial Breast Irradiation. July 2009.
13. Beitsch et al. I.J Radiation Onc. 2008; 72:1, S2-S3, * 575 patients at 48 months
14. Streeter OE, Benitez P, Vicini F, et al. Partial breast irradiation for DCIS using MammoSite brachytherapy: a Phase II trial. Poster session presented at the 29th annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, Dec 14-17, 2006.
15. Fisher B, Bauer M, Margolese R, Poisson Pilch R, Y, Redmond C, Fisher E, Wolmark N, Deutsch M, Montague E, et al. Five-year results of a randomized clinical trial comparing total mastectomy and segmental mastectomy with or without radiation in the treatment of breast cancer. NEJM. 1985; 312 (11):665-673
16. Benitez PR, Chen PY, Vicini FA, et al. Partial breast irradiation in breast-conserving therapy by way of interstitial brachytherapy. Amer. J Surgery 2004;188:355-364.
17. Vicini FA, Beitsch PD, Quiet CA, Keleher A, Garcia D, Snider HC, et al. First analysis of patient demographics, technical reproducibility, cosmesis, and early toxicity: results of the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite breast brachytherapy trial. Cancer 2005;104:1138-48.
18. Dowlatshahi K, Snider HC, Gittleman MA, et al. Early experience with balloon brachytherapy for breast cancer. Arch Surg. 2004; 139: 603-608
19. Jeruss JS, Vicini FA, Beitsch PD, Haffty BG, Quiet CA, Zannis VJ, et al. Initial outcomes for patients treated on the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite clinical trial for ductal carcinoma-in-situ of the breast. Ann Surg Oncol 2006;13:967-76.
20. Keisch ME, Vicini F, Beitsch P, et al. American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite RTS Registry Trial:Ductal Carcinoma In Situ Subset Analysis—4-Year Data in 194 Treated Lesions. The American Society of Breast Surgeons 62 Proceedings, San Diego, CA; 2009.21. Vicini F, Beitsch PD, Quiet CA, Keleher AJ, Garcia D, Snider HC, Jr., et al. Three-year analysis of treatment efficacy, cosmesis, and toxicity by the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite Breast Brachytherapy Registry Trial in patients treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI). Cancer 2008;112:758-66.
21. Vicini F, Beitsch PD, Quiet CA, Keleher AJ, Garcia D, Snider HC, Jr., et al. Three-year analysis of treatment efficacy, cosmesis, and toxicity by the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite Breast Brachytherapy Registry Trial in patients treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI). Cancer 2008;112:758-66.
22. Benitez PR, Streeter O, Vicini F, Mehta V, Quiet C, Kuske R, et al. Preliminary results and evaluation of MammoSite balloon brachytherapy for partial breast irradiation for pure ductal carcinoma in situ: a phase II clinical study. Am J Surg 2006;192:427-33
23. Cuttino LW, Todor D, Rosu M, Arthur DW. Skin and chest wall dose with multi-catheter and MammoSite breast brachytherapy: Implications for late toxicity. Brachytherapy 2009;8:223-6.
24. Strnad V. et al. 5-year Results of APBI Using Sole Interstitial Multi-Catheter Brachytherapy Versus Whole Breast Irradiation with Boost After Breast Conserving Surgery for Low Risk Invasive and In-Situ Carcinoma of the Female Breast: A Randomized, Phase III, Non-Inferiority Trial. www.thelancet.com, Published on line October 20, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00471-7.
25. Shah C, Badiyan S, Ben Wilkinson J, Vicini F, Beitsch P, Keisch M, Arthur D, Lyden M. Treatment Efficacy with Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI): Final Analysis of the American Society of Breast Surgeons MammoSite Breast Brachytherapy Registry Trial. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013 Aug 22. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 23975302
26. Instructions For Use, MammoSite Radiation Therapy System, MammoSite ML Radiation Therapy System, and Contura Multi-Lumen Balloon Applicator For Brachytherapy. Please consult your doctor for more information.